It is no secret that we have been obsessed with Silver Jewelry - and this obsession is what fuels us to create more and more designs at Quirksmith. We genuinely wanted our love for Silver Jewelry to reach more people and so - resolved with helping people with their Silver Jewelry Shopping and Care - we asked you all to share your questions about shopping Silver Jewelry online. We wouldn't have been more glad to be inundated with plentiful and purposeful questions - and thoroughly enjoyed putting together this Q&A guide for all of you:
Are Sterling Silver & 92.5 Silver the same?
Yes. Sterling silver is an alloy of silver containing 92.5% by weight of silver and 7.5% by weight of other metals, usually copper. Since it is characterized by 92.5% of Silver - it is also called 92.5 Silver.
Alloys such as Sterling silver are used to make Silver jewelry because pure silver is extremely soft to work with. Other metals comprising the 7.5% of Sterling Silver help in crafting silver jewelry in exquisite designs that we envision.
Does silver jewelry have any hallmark similar to that of Gold Jewelry?
Is Sterling Silver good to wear daily?/ Can you wear it everyday?
Is Sterling Silver allergic to people who're allergic to anything other than Gold?
What should be the weight of a daily Silver Chain?
Why should Silver jewelry not get in contact with water or perfumes?
As Silver is highly prone to oxidation when in contact with Water - Contact with Water and perfume is going to expedite that process and make it look duller sooner - if it regularly comes in contact with water.
How to store silver pieces so it doesn't turn black?
Sometimes wearing Silver leaves black marks on my skin, how do I deal with that?
Silver Reacts with moisture in the air and forms a layer of oxide that then deposits on your skin. It's harmless and can be easily washed off.
How to take good care of Silver Jewelry?
- Store - Store away from Moisture to keep it shining brighter for longer
- Clean - If it becomes dull, clean with Silver Cleaning Powder - that we send you along with the Jewelry - it is readily available in the market as well
How to clean the Jewelry if it becomes dull?
- Wet a piece of cotton cloth.
- Take a little bit of cleaning powder on the damp cloth.
- Clean the affected area of jewelry.
- Rinse thoroughly - Make sure no powder is left behind on the jewelry.
- Dry and store it in a dry Plastic/ Metal Box.
Pro Hack: Use White toothpaste instead of Silver Cleaning Powder
How to clean intricate jewelry?
To Clean Intricate Pieces :
- Dip your Jewelry in a Solution of Water and Vinegar (2-3 drops of Vinegar in one Cup of Water)
- Let's rest in the Solution for 2 mins.
- Remove and Rinse thoroughly
- Dry and Store in a dry place
If ever some event causes the joined/welded pieces of a jewelry piece to break away or separate, is there a possibility of getting them fused together?
It was a delightful to answer these questions - Do you want us to elaborate more on some points? or do you have a question that wasn't answered above - Let us know in the comments - we'd love to respond to them.
Leave a comment